Walnut Pesto Pasta
Pasta is one of my favorite meals. And this creamy vegan pesto is definitely worth a try! What I love about it is that it is so simple and you don't need many ingredients.
I love making all different kinds of veggie pasta. And the sauce is definitely what always makes it special and so flavourful.
Why I love it so much? First of all, it is absolutely delicious, and second it is so quick and easy to prepare. I also like to play around with what I add to my pasta. I always put some veggies in it, I find empty pasta boring. Sometimes I also add fried tofu, dried tomatoes or olives to it. That gives the dish a special touch of flavour. Just be creative and try out new things.
Usually I use chickpea or lentil pasta. I love the taste and texture of them, and besides that I try to stay away from too much wheat. Also, it is an easy way to add a little extra protein to your diet.
The other day I made this pesto pasta for dinner and it turned out to be incredibly tasty. Adding some avocado to your pesto will make it especially creamy. You have to try this!
For the Walnut Pesto (1-2 people)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1-2 garlic
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 handful basil
- 1 handful of walnuts
- 1/2 Lemon (juice)
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt & pepper
- Water (see notes)
- Put all the ingredients into a high speed blender or use a hand blender and blend until creamy.
- Add it to your pasta and stir until well combined
- Add as much water as you need to to get things moving. Start with little and then you can always add more.
- I usually steam some greens and add them to my pasta together with the pasta sauce. And then I sprinkle chili flakes and some nutritional yeast on top.
- If you have some leftover pesto sauce, you can keep it in the fridge. But keep in mind that it will turn a bit brown because of the avocado.