Nutty Vanilla Granola
Making granola at home is an easy way to make your meals healthier and it also tastes absolutely delicious.
This granola recipe is simple, crunchy, healthy and you can swap out the ingredients according to what you have at home. It so so easy to make and it only takes you a few minutes to prepare a big batch of this tasty homemade Granola. You can enjoy it for breakfast, as smoothie bowl topping or as a quick and yet healthy snack.
Homemade granola is way healthier and also cheaper than the store-bought ones. Besides that, you can choose which ingredients you want to use and can omit the unhealthy additives.
Packaged granola is often packed with industrial sugar and artificial additives. Those are used to make the production cheaper and the food industry knows the exact formula between sweet and salty that is needed to make a consumer crave more of a product.
With just a few ingredients you can easily prepare your own crunchy granola. And the best thing about it is that you can prepare it in big batches and always have it ready on hand.
Today I want to share with you one of my favourite granola recipes, which is part of my Plant Based Breakfast Guide. The Granola is part of my In this guide I have collected 49 of my favourite breakfast recipes for you.
For the Nutty Vanilla Granola
- 2 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 4-5 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add the maple syrup to the oat mixture and stir well until all of the ingredients are covered and moist. Then pour the mixture onto the baking paper and spread evenly.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until everything is golden brown. Stir once every 10 minutes.
- Leave the finished granola to cool down completely, mix in the raisins and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 weeks.
You can use whatever nuts, seeds and dried fruit you prefer. You can also add some oil (e.g. coconut oil) if you like, then the granola becomes even more flavourful.