15 Minutes Veggie Pasta
If I could only eat one meal for the rest of my life it would be Pasta !
Who doesn’t love a good pasta? Besides, it’s the perfect dish when you’re busy and want something quick and easy.
Some people consider Pasta as unhealthy but I think what it really comes down to is the ingredients you add besides the noodles themselves. I always chop some veggies in there to add more vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
I also prefer using pasta made from legumes over regular wheat pasta as they are more nutritious and high in protein and fiber. And if wheat pasta is your thing, try to eat whole wheat pasta as it contains more nutrients than simple wheat pasta.
For the vegetables, you can use anything you have in your refrigerator. Fresh vegetables will make the meal more filling and nutritious.
For this recipe I used store-bought pesto but you can also make your own pesto, like this walnut pesto.
For the Veggie Pasta
- Lentil Pasta (or whatever kind of pasta you like)
- Red onion
- Veggies (I used mushrooms, eggplant, and steamed broccoli)
- Fresh Basil
- Pepper & Salt
- A dash of oat milk
Top it off with:
- Cherry tomatoes
- Cashew cheese
- Start off by cooking the pasta
- Chop garlic, onion, and your veggies and sautee them in olive oil with fresh basil and some pepper
- Once the pasta is done add it to the veggie mix, add the spinach and a dash of oat milk, salt, and let it simmer for 2-3 minutes
- Transfer it into a bowl and add some fresh cherry tomatoes, pesto, and cashew cheese on top
You can make cashew cheese easily by grounding some cashews nuts.
I also LOVE to add some hummus to my pasta as it makes it extra creamy.